Alpine Summit

Thursday, November 13, 2008

WoW Player Collapses

I just got done reading this highly biased UK article about video gamers who play video games too much, calling it "video game addiction."

I'm reminded of that experiment where a monkey is given two buttons: one for food and one for pleasure.  The monkey would push the pleasure button until it literally starved to death.  I'm not saying that I agree with people who say video game addictions are real (or bad), but I don't disagree with them either.  However, being sentient human beings with PARENTS to control their kid's habits before entering adulthood seems to be the first fact to realize in all this and who exactly should get the blame.

I'm wondering how long it will be until we start hearing about "big gaming" or some such other nonsense like "big tobacco," "big oil," "big pharma," or my favorite: "big fast food."  Liberals are so good at blaming the profit-makers as if it were their original goal to corrupt people somehow and that people don't make these choices of their own accord.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home