Alpine Summit

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Last Post

This will be my last post as I am leaving for Iraq tomorrow. The Army's new policy-- according to our company's security rep, is that blogs are no longer authorized for soldiers deployed. Being the example to my Soldiers I am expected to be, I will not post anymore on this blog until my return in late October of 2008.

The reason for this new policy is because evidently some idiot Lieutenant (don't look at me!) decided to post details about his convoys and how the insurgents were messing it up. Well lo and behold, the insurgents learned from the mistakes they didn't know they were making and several of his Soldiers died. Now he is in prison for the deaths of those Soldiers. Like any other example story, we don't know if it's just a wives tale to scare us all into doing the Army's bidding or if it actually happened. Regardless, I'd rather not take the chance... plus I don't want to have to deal with having to discipline a soldier for breaking the rules if I'm not following them myself.

For those who know me, you will be informed about what I'm up to, but I will not discuss operational details with you. I am looking forward to seeing the states again and coming home from a successful mission deployed.

Thank you to all who have read my blog over the years and I hope you'll still be around next year when I return.

|