Alpine Summit

Friday, May 05, 2006

Circumstances With A Bit Less Pomp

I will be graduating from college tomorrow. It's been a day I have looked forward to since graduating high school. Now that the day is finally here, I'm a little sad that I'll be leaving one part of my life behind. The silver lining, of course, is that this marks the beginning of a new chapter of my life in the Army. I'm leaving Laramie for basic training ("BCT"), and for good, on June 6th, D-Day, and that following Monday will begin reception at Ft. Jackson, SC.

I am going to miss all my friends, especially my girlfriend, who will have to deal for the (at least) 9 months I will be away training. Ahead lie new challenges, most pressing being my physical fitness test which hasn't gone well yet since I started training. I'm welcoming these challenges. How does one grow as a person without challenges? The answer is that they don't, but it doesn't make leaving any less difficult.

|