Alpine Summit

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Right to Free Speech

The reason I find so many liberals to be total idiots is because of instances such as this one where a professor (someone who should know better) encouraged her students (graduate students who should also know better) to stifle dissent and silence the opposition.

"I did, outside of class during the break, invite students to express their freedom-of-speech rights to destroy the display if they wished to," Jacobsen said.

This woman doesn't seem to realize that the right to freedom of speech does not extend to stifling other's rights. Therefore, destroying or silencing another's statement or display of that statement is not protected speech. If that's the case, then I have the right to burn anyone I deem to be offensive at the stake. I'm just exercising my right to speaking out against offensive speech by silencing it... for good.

As Dinesh D'Souza would say about these people: "they are educated beyond their intelligence."

|