Alpine Summit

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Koran Studies

I have (in the past) said that the difference between Christianity's followers doing violent acts and Islam's followers doing violent acts is in the respective scriptures. I maintain that the Bible quite clearly speaks against violence on others, and the Koran quite clearly speaks for violence against others.

In an effort to illustrate this, I've decided to cite various parts of the Koran to illustrate this point. I won't concentrate on the Bible so much as it will be assumed obvious that the Bible is indeed non-violent and that Christians have no religious justification to kill anyone. This is mainly because I would just be citing the same verses over and over again.

So to get things kicked off right, here is 5.33 speaking to the reward for those who fight for Allah.

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,


One thing I find interesting is when you google "Koran" plus a subject such as women or apostasy, you will get the arguments against Islam. When you google "Quran" plus a subject, you get argumetns for Islam. I don't have a point to this, I just thought that was interesting.

Anyway, regarding the quote, I find that as a Christian I maintain Mohammed was a false prophet and was not sent by God. Does this mean I'm waging war? I'm certainly striving to make mischief! I sincerely hope that I can turn people away from Islam and that they reject Mohammed as any kind of holy man. By this verse, I must have my hands and feet cut off or be imprisoned. Does that sound peaceful?

|