Alpine Summit

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Crashing at the Theater

I will be going to see "Flight 93" this weekend and from what I've heard, it's going to be a great film. David Beamer, whose son died on Flight 93, wrote an opinion for the Wall Street Journal praising the film.

This film further reminds us of the nature of the enemy we face. An enemy who will stop at nothing to achieve world domination and force a life devoid of freedom upon all. Their methods are inhumane and their targets are the innocent and unsuspecting. We call this conflict the "War on Terror." This film is a wake-up call. And although we abhor terrorism as a tactic, we are at war with a real enemy and it is personal.

Of course, as I predicted on Dadmanly's site, people are denouncing the film as "racist" because it shows the terrorists as Arab Muslims, nevermind the point that the hijackers WERE in fact, Arab Muslims. Not only that, but showing the terrorists praying in a hotel before beginning the attacks illustrates the nature of our enemy.

They are religious fanatics doing despicable things because their God (whom I refer to as "the Deceiver") told them to do it. Also, again with the "racist" label on Muslims! Islam is not a race--it's a religion. Why do people continually say this? I never hear people call Christian bashers "racist," I wonder why that is?

Anyway, I have high hopes for this film, and I'll give my thoughts on it after I see it for myself. David Beamer has some more advice concerning this.

Be reminded of our very real enemy. Be inspired by a true story of heroic actions taken by ordinary people with victorious consequences. Be thankful for each precious day of life with a loved one and make the most of it. Resolve to take the right action in the situations of life, whatever they may be. Resolve to give thanks and support to those men, women, leaders and commanders who to this day (1,687 days since Sept. 11, 2001) continue the counterattacks on our enemy and in so doing keep us safe and our freedoms intact.

May the taste of freedom for people of the Middle East hasten victory. The enemy we face does not have the word "surrender" in their dictionary. We must not have the word "retreat" in ours. We surely want our troops home as soon as possible. That said, they cannot come home in retreat. They must come home victoriously. Pray for them.

I couldn't put it better myself.

|