Alpine Summit

Friday, March 10, 2006

Army Update II

Well I'm back from my board review and a few papers heavier. I passed my board review and upon completing basic training will be going to Officer Candidate School and will be a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army. I must say it's been a long road, and I'm glad it's over. Now begins the fun part!

I'm shipping out to Ft. Jackson, SC for my basic training on June 7th beginning 9 weeks of learning about the Army... the hard way. After that, I will go straight to Ft. Benning, GA for OCS and upon completing that will be a full-fledged second lieutenant! I will still have my officer basic course (OBC) to take after that and probably won't be completely done with the "entrance" learning until sometime in February. I'll have my branch assignment by then and will know more specifically what I am doing in the Army.

After finishing all the paperwork, my dad was the one who gave me the oath swearing me into the Army--no turning back now! I'll post pictures of it as soon as I can.

|