Alpine Summit

Friday, February 03, 2006

Women in Church

I have been having a back-and-forth with a reform Baptist for a number of weeks now about women's role in Christianity. He contends women are not allowed to teach, while I contend that they are. While I'm not a member of the Assemblies of God, or consider myself Pentecostal in any way, I find their arguments very convincing concerning this topic.

My own view is that God wants all of us to seek and learn about Him. I don't think He would just limit His church to allowing only men to having this job. Such things like 1 Tim 2:12 are obstacles when holding this belief though. I find the AG position very well thought out and lucid.

Don't ask me why this is a question of interest for me as a male Christian, because I'm not sure myself.

|