Alpine Summit

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Serenity

So there isn't much going on that isn't already being (or has been) said politically, so I thought I'd pimp a movie I'm really looking forward to seeing. It's called "Serenity" and it's the movie version of the TV series "Firefly" currently being shown on SciFi. The show got a small cult following early on, but only 13 episodes were made and it was sort of buried.

Well, now there's a movie and it should be awesome. I love SciFi movies, and I REALLY like stories that have anti-heroes rather than the Superman-types that never do any wrong. The anti-hero is more realistic because he has a strong moral character, yet deals with moral ambiguity and lives in that gray area between good and evil.

The movie comes out September 30th and will be awesome. Go see it if you think you can handle SciFi awesomeness. AWESOME!

|