Alpine Summit

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Bush Halts Food Delivery

I don't really know what to make of this news.

Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.


I don't know if the air restriction was a secret service thing or what. My first impression is that this is some bureaucratic flaw and it's absolutely stupid that they would allow food to simply sit on trucks while Bush visited. I'd love to see some more details on why this happened, but it seems to me that Bush unwittingly hurt people by visiting the devastation. Someone should be at LEAST reprimanded for this- whoever is responsible for it, anyway.

Of course, the liberals are spinning this, saying Bush wanted devastation to make him look good when he visited, but I think that's more of the "he can do no right" among leftists. Had he not gone, you would hear plenty about how Bush didn't show up because he doesn't care. It would seem it's catch-22 for Bush no matter what he does.

|