Alpine Summit

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Oh, THAT Liberal Media- Ongoing

From an interview of Sheehan on a lefty news-talk show blogged about here:

“Our family was against it from the beginning. Casey was against it, but he felt it was his duty to go because he was in the Army. And he felt that he had to go to protect his buddies, to be there for his buddies, to be support, and they are brainwashed into thinking that even if they don’t agree with the mission, they’re brainwashed into just blindly following it. I begged Casey not to go. I told him I would take him to Canada. I told him I would run over him with a car, anything to get him not to go to that immoral war. And he said, 'Mom, I wish I didn’t have to, but I have to go.' ''

Now, here's how the AP reports it:

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in Sadr City, Iraq, in April 2004 just five days after he arrived. He was the oldest of four children. "I begged him not to go,' she said through tears. "I said, 'I'll take you to Canada' ... but he said, 'Mom, I have to go. It's my duty. My buddies are going."

See, if they had reported her saying she would run over her own son with a car, that wouldn't make her look too good in the eyes of the public. So what does the writer do? She just omits that little tidbit and completely changes the tone of Sheehan's statement to make her sound more sane than she actually is.

|