Alpine Summit

Monday, July 25, 2005

Baghdad Fonda

Michelle Malkin (whom I would ascribe as "awesome to the max") posts a great story from the AP about Jane Fonda and her upcoming trip to Iraq.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.


Because I was REALLY wanting to know where Fonda stood on any issue involving America and the world. I could pretty much guess her stance on any international issue involving America. Her being a died-in-the-wool liberal makes it easy: "the other guy is right!" Boy, that was hard.

Not only that, but she's taking this little tour across Iraq in a bus that runs on vegitable oil. I guess she doesn't want to contribute to the country's revenue while she's there, lest she validate the occupation. Liberals would make for great entertainment if they weren't actually influential. I think the only difference between this trip and her trip in Vietnam is that the terrorists don't have AA guns.

I already know what she's going to say: "the occupation has devastated this country... most people I've met had wished America used more peaceful means to get rid of Saddam... the troops here have commited several atrocities not being covered by the media... etc." Don't think the media won't cover her every move in Iraq, either.

I'd tell her to stick to singing or acting but she really isn't good at that and it's probably just better this talentless has-been actress/singer, looking for more publicity as an anti-American, just disappear.

|