Alpine Summit

Monday, June 27, 2005

What Media Bias? Part 2

A couple of references at Michelle Malkin's blog show that most people aren't willfully ignorant or stupid.

Like Ms. Malkin says:
Laughably too little, and much too late. The MSM has been left in the dust by milbloggers and alternative media. Who needs the NYT with far superior reportage and analysis from the likes of Austin Bay, Michael Yon, Mudville Gazette, Blackfive, Belmont Club, and Victor Davis Hanson--for starters--available at your fingertips?
Indeed. I've always felt that the media's defeatist reporting on the Wars have hurt morale among our troops at the very least. In some cases, it's actually cost lives (read: Newsweek Koran debacle). I view the MSM as an advertisement. I'll trust what they're telling me is true, but I'm still going to check it out for myself before investing in reporting as legitimate. What's more, I actually lend more credence to places like the Mudville Gazette and people like VDH than I do CNN or NBC... or CBS and Dan Rather.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home