Alpine Summit

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Priorities are a priority

Glenn Reynolds has a pretty good summary of how the media has been reporting Bush and the war in Iraq as well as how Democrats have been behaving lately.
It's a war. The way to win it is, well, to win it. Deadlines are for people who care more about other things than they do about winning.
I don't think I could put it any better than that. As a matter of fact, what's the deal with that? I mentioned the other day how Democrats will twist and contort to try and occupy two positions at the same time. Well, here's a great example. On the one hand, they say our job is done in Iraq and we should let the Iraqis have their country back, etc. On the other hand, they're saying how it's been a dismal failure and that we've done absolutely nothing to help the Iraqis.

While I'm on the subject of Iraq, I was watching the daily show last night (but not long as I started to feel dirty) and they showed clips of Rumsfeld and Cheney in interviews saying they don't know when the pullout will be- then started quoting numbers to the intervewer. This was the dumbest thing they could have done because it's then taken as an "unofficial" deadline by liberals that hasn't been met, and so, Bush lied or some other such nonsense. They didn't know how long it would take before the war, they didn't know during the war, and they still don't! This is a WAR. Wars are messy, unpredictable and tragic. They can also bring about change quickly and help lots of people in a relatively short period of time. I might add we're actually only still there because the new democratically elected government of Iraq, that wouldn't exist if not for us, has asked us to stay for the time being.

I seem to recall a list that I saw once of countries who owe their entire existence to the United States. I'll try and find it and post and update later.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home