Alpine Summit

Friday, June 24, 2005

A Lot of Time to Waste

Michelle Malkin mentions this 'docutainment' film to be released by the guy who did "Super Size Me." It's the usual Moore-esqe drivel about how it's America's fault, the Muslims are the victims of 9/11, blah, blah, blah.

I can't say I have much of a problem with this film, though.


When I met David Stacy, about halfway through his 30-day experience, I was amazed at how uninformed he was. This new "expert" on Islam never heard of Wahhabism--the extremist Sunni strain of Islam that dominates Saudi Arabia and informs the terrorist-breeding madrassa schools throughout Arab and other Muslim lands. He was unfamiliar with groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. He did not believe me when I told him that Hezbollah had murdered hundreds of U.S. Marines and civilians in Beirut and elsewhere. He seemed mystified to learn that President Bush shut down American Islamic charities, like the Holy Land Foundation and Global Relief Foundation, for funding Hamas and al Qaeda.


Such an outlook is exactly what I would expect from so-called "open-minded" people concerned more about blaming America than finding the real root of the problem- which is militant Islam. Such ineptness on the part of the author will surely show through the paper-thin plot. On the other hand, I guess I should be worried about all the loons out there who will take this at face value and think it's the definitive work on American Muslims.

To Morgan Spurlock who thinks (I assume) we can reason with these people non-violently, answer me this: how do you non-violently reason with a person who is unreasonable and bent on killing you?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home